Friday, January 27, 2012

Ruffle Clutches

Happy Friday to everybody! 

I've been a little lazy this morning, so this post will be quick. After I finish showing off my Ruffle Clutches I will fly off to my sewing room to whip up a couple of my original patchwork pillows. I just received some awesome white cotton/linen blend fabric from Sew Mama Sew. While I dislike cutting into fresh fabric, I do love creating! The first cut is always the hardest!

I found this awesome tutorial from the talented Noodlhead
I thought they would be the perfect travel pouches for my little sister. She left for Scotland earlier this January for a year-long residency teaching life skills to special needs adults.    

The wristlet handle attachment on one of the pouches is my own design. 
The tutorial from Noodlehead is very straightforward and easy to follow. I recommend that you hop right over to her blog and whip yourself up a cute little ruffled pouch!

The second pouch I created. I used Amy Butler fabric, a vintage zipper, & I designed my own clipped wristlet handle.


I was quite proud of my handle!


The small, purple pouch is the first one I made. I only had two zippers in my stash when I made these, both vintage. So, I had to scale the size of one of the pouches to fit my zipper! The smaller pouch is made with Tula Pink and Anna Maria Horner fabrics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I love reading them!