Saturday, January 28, 2012

Chartreuse Mirror Make-Over

So, I've had this mirror since before elementary school. It used to belong to a white and gold colored bedroom set with two twin beds, two three-drawer dressers, and this mirror! My little sister and I shared a room until I was sixteen, and I guess this was our first bedroom set.

I don't have a before picture of when the mirror was white and gold. I took the mirror from my childhood home when S and I moved in together to the home in Catonsville. It was there that I painted it purple and it hung in our dining room for a while, partially covered by a giant credenza.

I never got around to re-painting the mirror while we were in Silver Spring. It just sat underneath our bed; waiting for the day when it would shine again!

Now that our bedroom has a totally different color scheme that any of our other bedrooms, I felt it was time to dust off the old mirror and repaint it chartreuse to go along with our Grey & Chartreuse bedroom makeover.


Before
Can you see it in the back of the picture there? Haha, it's there, I promise! It was painted dark purple.


I used one coat of Zinsser spray primer, two light coats of Montana Gold spray paint, and a coat of spray polycrylic to seal the deal!
I love it!

Check out the neat outline the spray paint made on my drop cloth. 
I just had to take a picture of it!  

Spray painting the frame on our fire escape/patio.



After!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I love reading them!