Tuesday, April 3, 2012

School 33 Art Center Benefit - Donating Art for a Great Cause

I've always considered myself an artist. I think my love of creating art began some time around grade school, but it didn't really set in until I was in high school that I knew I needed to make art a part of my daily life. I took many art classes in high school; drawing, painting, photography. I worked hard at it, and even won 'Best in Show' at my Senior Art Show. 

After high school I dabbled in collage art, enjoying the many uses of mod podge. I've tried my hand at so many styles; 3D art, jewelry as art, fabric art, and using video as an art medium. During my late college years I took a printmaking class that opened my eyes to a new way to practice art. Through the years I've been lucky to study under some very talented and understanding art professors. 

 Thanks to social media, I recently discovered an art center located in downtown Baltimore than has championed art right here in the city for nearly 30 years. Every year the School 33 Art Center hosts a Benefit to help support their mission. The Lotta Art Benefit is great because not only do the proceeds go to help support School 33, but all the ticket holders get to go home with an original work of art!

This is the 20th year that School 33 has held this Benefit....and this year one of my art pieces has been accepted to be auctioned off!!

I am over the moon that I have the opportunity to give back to Baltimore's art community.
I never thought in a million years that I would be "good enough" to sell my art...let alone give my art away for a real, live benefit event. I am so thankful for everybody at School 33 who recognized my potential & was excited about my art. MY art!!

(My listing is towards the bottom the the page.)



Happy Art-ing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I love reading them!