Saturday, February 18, 2012

How to Throw an Awesome Super Bowl Party

I love hosting parties!
I have figured out that there are a few necessities you need in order to throw a great party.

1. Fun friends!
2. You! Are you a fun person? Are you able to roll with the punches?
3. Prizes. People love prizes. 

That's it!
Well, actually it is probably a good idea to feed your guests. Serving some delicious food is always a good idea when hosting a party. You don't even have to make the food yourself. I love to cook, but when I throw a party, I like to cheat the food a little bit and not cook 100% from scratch. That way I can enjoy my guests & the party.   If you like drinking adult beverages, having some delicious beer & spirits on hand is also a great idea. 
Most of the time you guests will end up bringing food & drinks to share. Sharing is always awesome.

I know the Super Bowl was so three weeks ago, but I just got around to finishing this post now. 
We had a really great party all around, but I think my favorite part ended up being totally unplanned.

Nearly everybody that came over to party with us was sporting some sort of "non-traditional" Super Bowl outfit.

The Breakdown:
Orioles Jerseys: 2
Ravens Jerseys: 2
Soccer (Futbal) Jerseys: 1
Redskins Tshirts: 1

None of us in Baltimore (except for that Patriots fan we let inside on accident) was impressed with either team that made it to the Bowl. I think we all addressed the situation perfectly!
  
I'm so excited to share our Super Bowl party with you!


S & I made meatballs.


We actually made an army of meatballs.


I used four ingredients for the meatball glaze. 
It was so easy. I mixed everything up the day before, let it marinate overnight in the fridge, then heated it up in the crock-pot. I cooked the meatballs in the oven, then added them to the crock-pot. 
I love crock-pot foods for parties because they stay warm the entire duration of the event!


I also made Spinach & Ricotta Puffs & 7 Layer Dip.

One of our friends was awesome & made Football Cupcakes with purple frosting! (Purple was for the Baltimore Ravens, who were in the Super Bowl of course...did we watch the same game?!) 


Another friend of ours made a fantastic custom Super Bowl Cookie! He is truly a baking master.


 I gave the cheeses flag labels. 


I made Jello Shots!
You like my Redskins Tshirt?


S & I wrote up a whole bunch of Prop Bets!
This was such a fun idea! I wrapped up a bunch of little prizes for the winners (and sometimes the winners took shots!)
We offered up two big prizes:
One for the person who guessed closest to the final score
And One Grand Prize for the person who got the most Prop Bets correct
(The same person actually ended up winning both, but we like him so all was good!)


The Projector!
We all got to watch the game in big style


These were the little prizes
What fun!



I wrapped them all up & let the winners chose their prize.
The only thing better than winning a prize, is winning a wrapped prize & getting to unwrap it!


The Final Score Prize was an elite candy bar (not pictured).


The GRAND PRIZE (for the person who got the most prop bets correct) was a pair of Baltimore Orioles baseball tickets!
(Yeah, S and I rock out in the gift-giving category.)


Well, I hope I have inspired you to put on your party pants & host a fantastic party in the future!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I love reading them!