Monday, February 20, 2012

DIY Vase

Hello! I found the inspiration for this project via Pinterest. Of course!
S bought me a bottle of this delicious Pinot Noir that has this fantastic rooster label. He knows that I enjoy roosters & Pinot Noir. He is such a great guy! I really love roosters so I really didn't want to just drink the wine and recycle the bottle. I wanted to keep the bottle forever because it makes me smile!

First I painted a layer of polycrylic over the cute label. I let that dry for a day, then painted a second coat, and let that coat dry for two days. I used painters tape to carefully cover the label where I did not want to get any paint.
I used puffy paint to make a million little dots all over the bottle. I let the puffy paint dry for a day.
(Lots of waiting with this project!)
After the puffy paint was dry, I spray painted the entire bottle. I let the spray paint dry for about ten minutes, then carefully pulled the painters tape off the label.
Then I let the bottle dry for another full day.
Then I put it on my mantle, next to my fish bottles, and it was pretty!



I have been keeping my cupcake flags in my new rooster vase & fish bottles.
I think my new vase looks so cute up on my mantle with all my other bottles!


Happy President's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Cool! I'll send you some pictures of my work.

    LOVE the bottle

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see some of your work!!

      And thank you for the compliment. =)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment! I love reading them!