Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summer Sewing Challenge - Maxi Skirt

Hello, readers! Here is the newest addition to my me-made summer wardrobe. 

A fun & slinky 100% rayon jersey ikat print maxi skirt! I whipped this up in less than three hours. I made a simple casing around the waist and used 1/2 inch elastic. I didn't even hem it because the jersey material won't ravel. Hooray for jersey!  



The Facts 
Fabric: 3/4 yard rayon jersey from Joann's. The skirt ended up being a bit short though (due to only using 3/4 yard of fabric!) so the next time I'm at Joann's I'm going to buy another 1/4 yard to make a ruffle on the bottom hem.
Pattern: Self-Drafted (2 rectangles sewn together. So easy.)
Year: 2012

Notions: Thread, elastic

Time to complete: Less than 3 hours!
First worn: Last week
Wear again? Yes! (After I lengthen it.)
Total Cost: About $8-ish

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I love reading them!