Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Modern Patchwork Pillows

I've been keeping myself busy lately sewing up these adorable modern patchwork pillows!

The pillow on the left is made from a mix of modern & vintage fabrics. All the vintage fabrics are from my mom's stash from the 80s and early 90s. The modern fabrics are a mix of Amy Butler, Joel Dewberry, Tula Pink & Anna Maria Horner.

The pillow on the right is made exclusively with fabrics from Amy Butler's new fabric line, Lark. I think they are my favorite fabrics she has designed to date.

I backed & lined each pillow with a pure white cotton/linen blend. 


I lined each pillow so there are zero unfinished seams inside & out.
Here they are hanging out with Sofa Lion.


Here is the finished patchwork cover, before I turned it into a pillow


The back of my patchwork square. See all my pretty, pressed seams!
I think the stitched back is pretty in its own way.


The view from my sewing/sun/crafting room!


More view & my vintage blue thread spool. I love how chunky it is! 


I hope you enjoyed my new pillow designs! 

Go forth & create!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I love reading them!