Monday, July 2, 2012

Summer Sewing Challenge - Maxi Skirt

Happy Monday to everybody!

This is the first maxi skirt I have ever made, or worn. When maxi skirts came into popularity last season I was not quick to jump on the band wagon. Sometime between last summer and this summer I've decided that I really like the casual, boho vibe that maxi shirts offer. I'd like to make a couple more for this summer because this one was super easy to whip up! The most time consuming part was finishing all the edges of each patchwork piece.



The Facts 
Fabric: Three different vintage '80s/'90s fabrics from my stash. The waistband was made from navy cotton canvas I had in my stash.
Pattern: Self-Drafted (with inspiration from this tutorial)
Year: 2012
Notions: Thread, zipper
Time to complete: About 5 or 6 hours. Finishing all the edges of the patchwork pieces was a pain.
First worn: Sometime in May. I worked on it for two days, and wore it out the day I finished it.
Wear again? Yes!
Total Cost: Less than 2 bucks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I love reading them!